When opening the report FIN 60008 Swiss Tax Form from the standard SAP Business One report 'Tax Declaration Report' an error 'Aggregate user script failed in DB_vat String cannot be of zero length. Parametername:oldValue' is displayed.
Reproducing the issue
- The Swiss tax declaration codes have to be defined in Administration → Setup → Financials → Tax → Tax Declaration Boxes.
- Postings with tax included should be done in the selected period.
1. Go to Financials → Financial reports → Accounting → Tax → and open the 'Tax Declaration Box Report'.
2. Select a period (with postings that include a tax posting).
3. All tax declaration boxes are ticked and press 'OK'.
4. The SAP Business One standard form will show the results.
5. Go to preview and select FIN 60008 'Swiss Tax Form'.
An 'Aggregate user script failed in DB_vat String cannot be of zero length. Parametername:oldValue' error occurs.
The amounts from the SAP standard should be displayed in the report according to the decimal/thousand separator setting definition.
The FIN 60008 Swiss Tax Form (das offizielle Schweizer Steuerformular) works currently only with official Swiss culture. If you use different symbols (for Decimal Separator and Thousands Sep.) the form is not working.
As a workaround, change the following values in Administration → System Initialisation → General Settings → Display as follows:
Decimal Separator: . (dot)
Thousands Sep.: ' (apostrophe)