How to trouble-shoot if functionality of the cloud connector needs to be verified. There is also a second way to do this by changing a registry key setting if you need the connector to stay in debug mode after a reboot.
1. Make sure the service is not running (check for CloudConnectorService.exe in the taskmanager, and end process if it's still running)
2. Open the windows command prompt (cmd - make sure you have administrator privileges)
3. If you have installed your cloud connector with default settings, type in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\coresystems ag\coresuite cloud connector\CloudConnectorService.exe" /cmd /debug
and press return.
4. The cloud connector will now start in debug mode and give you additional helpful information. If everything is ok, it should look like this:
5. You can find the logfiles at %programdata%\coresystems\coresuite\debug. To start from scratch stop the connector, delete the debug directory, then restart the connector.
The debug mode is meant as a help while troubleshooting. Use it only if you have problems during the installation & configuration. Please be sure to always close the window after successful configuration, otherwise you will not be able to run the connector in normal mode!
Registry key to be changed if you need persistent debug mode (does not survive connector updates)
Value to set for debug:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\coresystems ag\coresuite cloud connector\CloudConnectorService.exe" /debug