In some cases the local database for the Field Service app might be corrupted. The only way to resolve the issue is to remove the local database and the app altogether. Unfortunately this is not easily done.
If the App is crashing on startup / does not start up follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings on your Android device
- Application Settings
- Find and tap on 'coresuite'
- Tap 'Clear Cache', 'Clear Data', 'Force Stop' and 'Uninstall' in that order
- Reinstall the app from the Google Play Store
Please take not that on Android local data is not deleted when uninstalling an app. Therefore it is important to execute all steps in the above solution.
Normally the app is working correctly after executing these steps. However in some cases you may get the message "The database could not be opened. Retrying your action or deleting the data may solve the problem." after trying to sync to your company.
In that case please execute the following steps:
1) On the login screen long-tap in the white area below the Login button
2) A settings menu will pop up, scroll down to 'Delete Local Data' and tap 'Delete Companies'
3) Afterwards you will be able to log in and use the app again
Please sign in to leave a comment.