With a Layoutdefinition of 'External Report''type, it is possible to create a report in Excel, which will be updated each time the report is run.
This FAQ will present a sample of such a report.
1. Save the following query in the DB (via Query Generator):
SELECT TOP 10 T0.DocNum, T0.CardCode, T0.DocTotal FROM ORDR T0
ORDER BY T0.DocNum DESC
2. Go to Administration--> Add-ons--> coresuite designer--> Layoutdefinition and create a new Layoutdefinition as follows:
Make sure to add the new query as Query1.
3. Go to 'External Report' tab.
4. In Data Export Format, choose Excel / Word and update the Layoutdefinition.
5. Click on the ... under File Path:
6. Double-click on the Excel2007WithInitMacro file.
7. Click on (This should open Excel).
8. Remove the existing .
9. Go to the Developer Ribbon, click on . Drag the entire query's folder into the excel sheet.
10. Go to the Developer Ribbon, click on and choose the data.xml file which exists in the path specified in the Layoutdefinition's 'File Id' .
11. Once info is updated in the Excel sheet, save the Excel file and close it.
12. In the Layoutdefinition, click on and click on update.
In our specific example, each time the report will be opened, it will consider the 10 newest Sales orders.
This will of course apply to your own specific scenario and requirements.