During our testing of Coresuite on SAP Business One 10.0 FP2008 (PL03) we found several issues, out of which some are critical and are crucial for installation or running of Coresuite on SAP Business One. Due to this, to avoid further issues, we decided not to support this patch level delivered by SAP.
Main issues which we consider as critical are:
- When you close SAP Business One, the process is not completed. SAP Business One is frozen and you need to terminate the process via Task Manager. This issue affects also add-ons delivered by SAP.
SAP note: 2967449 - "SAP Business One Client Cannot Be Closed if Some Add-On Is On"
- If User-Defined Field (UDF) item is data-bound to a table, SDK method "LoadBatchAction" fails with an exception. This issue prevents deployment of Coresuite.
SAP note: 2975757 - "LoadBatchAction Fails with Exception"
We have tickets open at SAP and we are communicating with SAP to fix those issues.
- Issue: 2975757 - "LoadBatchAction Fails with Exception" - SAP delivered a hotfix in SAP Business One 10.0 FP2008 HF1
- Issue: 2967449 - "SAP Business One Client Cannot Be Closed if Some Add-On Is On" - the fix will be delivered in SAP Business One 10.0 FP2011.
The workaround for this issue is to add a system variable referencing to file OBServerDLL.dll for SAP Business One Client:
1. Right-click on This PC → Properties → Advanced system settings → Environment Variables...
2. In lower part named "System variables" click on New
3. Add following values (without double quotes):
Variable name = "OBServerDLL"
Variable value = "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\OBServerDLL.dll"
- Please note that this workaround needs to be applied on each client machine.
We can confirm that Coresuite can be deployed on SAP Business One 10.0 FP2008 HF1, however, please note that hotfixes are only provided as temporary solutions and it is recommended to upgrade to the next standard SAP Business One patch level as soon as it is released. Due to this, if you have not upgraded to SAP Business One 10.0 FP2008 yet, we strongly recommend waiting for standard FP2011 (SAP delivery schedule).
We just noticed another (potentially) critical issue related to User-Defined tables and User-Defined objects.
We are currently testing some scenarios and we will keep you updated accordingly.
The workaround related to system variables caused that installation of the add-on failed/was blocked. In a case the add-on is already installed, the add-on can be started, but it transpired User-Defined Tables were not displayed in the GUI of SAP Business One in Tools → User-Defined Windows.
Unfortunately, due to this behavior we can't guarantee that it has no other impact on consistency nor that any other processes are affected.
So there is no workaround for the "SAP Business One Client Cannot Be Closed if Some Add-On Is On" issue and for now you need to kill the process via Task Manager.