If you have any installation or configuration problems with coresuite cube, please check your system with the following list at first.
Hardware / Software requirements
Please check at first if the hardware and software is compatible with the requirements of the coresuite cube with the link below:
Furthermore, ensure that all SAP clients (at least the one which runs the cube setup) are equipped with Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher.
Microsoft® Analysis Services OLE DB Provider
If you face one of the following situations, it is recommended to download and install the Microsoft® Analysis Services OLE DB Provider on the affected client systems:
- The installation fails and reports "Please ensure that Analysis Server is running." even though you have ensured that the Analysis server is running and refer it correctly.
- The installation succeeds but you won't get any cube menu in SAP Business One even though you have enabled the coresuite cube modules (coresuite administation) and you've assigned licenses to the SAP users.
- If you check the coresuite debug log (%Temp% --> coresuiteDebugLog.xml) and find any connection related error messages containing keywords like "OLAP", "Analysis Services", "OLE DB", "cube", etc.
Downloading the Microsoft® Analysis Services OLE DB Provider from mircosoft.com
Follow the URL which fits your version of SQL Server, then navigate to "Install Instructions" and search for "Microsoft® Analysis Services OLE DB Provider". Choose either the 32-bit or the 64-bit version (according to your system). Download and install the provider and restart SAP Business One.
- SQL Server 2008 R2: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16978
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30440
- SQL Server 2012: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29065
- SQL Server 2012 SP1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35580
- SQL Server 2014: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42295
- SQL Server 2016: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56833
- SQL Server 2017: There is no specific OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 2017. Use the one from SQL Server 2016.
- SQL Server 2019: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/client-libraries
If there is no direct link to the download in the install instructions click onto the DOWNLOAD button on the referenced website and then search for the file ENU\x64\SQL_AS_OLEDB.msi in the file download list.
The following list contains important configurations which are prerequisites for an successful installation of coresuite cube.
BI Server Firewall Configuration
Ensure that TCP Ports 2382 (if you are using a named instance) and 2383 (if you are using a default instance) allow inbound connections on the server on which MS Analysis Services and your cube are running.
If you are unsure about which port to open, open both of them. In case you manually assigned a fixed port to your MS Analysis Server instance you'll have to open this specific port instead of TCP 2382 or 2383.
It might be helpful to temporarily disable the server firewall for all ports in order to check whether connectivity issues occur due to the firewall settings or not.
Verify that there is enough disk space on the database server. The percentages underneath represent the minimum disk space used by coresuite cube (excl. SAP Business One and other databases on your system):
- Total disk space needed: 75% of SAP Business One database
- SQL Server database files: 35% of SAP Business One database
- SQL Server database backups: 25% of SAP Business One database
- Analysis Server database files: 15% of SAP Business One database
- All databases must be installed on a local hard disk (SAP Business One and coresuite cube). External hard disks, USB sticks, etc. are not supported.
Verify that coresuite cube can allocate a useful amount of memory to process successfully. If you feel unsure, advise your database administrator to monitor coresuite cube's memory consumption while it is processing.
Services and Service Accounts
- In order to allow coresuite cube to be installed on the Analysis Services server you must either add the service account of your SQL Server Agent to the Analysis Services administrators if they are not the same by default or run all services with the same service account OR add the service account of your SQL Server Agent to the Analysis Services administrative group.
The current configuration of your service accounts can be found in the SQL Server Configuration manager (Start -> Type in SQL Server Configuration Manager):
Option 1: Add SQL Server Agent service account to SSAS administrators
This is the recommended solution (best practice). Connect to your Analysis Services Server using SQL Server Management Studio. Then right-click on the server name --> Properties --> Security and add the SQL Server Agent service account.
Option 2: Run all service accounts with the same user
This is the most simple way to make sure that coresuite cube installs properly. Please note that this is not our proposed best practice anymore.
See picture and further description below for more details.
- General recommendation: Run the SQL Server and Analysis Server services with a local administration user (LocalSystem or a domain user). Do not use the LocalService or NetworkService user.
- Run the SQL Server Browser services with a local administration user (LocalSystem or a domain user). Do not use the LocalService or NetworkService user.
- The startup type of all SQL Server and Analysis Server services must be configured as “Automatic”.
- All SQL Server and Analysis Server services must be running when installing the cube.
- If the source database uses a higher version than the BI instance (e.g. if the source database uses SQL 2008 R2 and the BI instance uses SQL Server 2008), you must install the relevant drivers on the BI instance to be able to access the data on the SQL Server R2. These drivers are provided by Microsoft.
- In general, we recommend to always install the most recent Microsoft Service Packs. This helps to prevent most product-related problems.
- Ensure that the SQL password for installing the OLAP cubes does not contain special characters "<" or ">". This characters will be interpreted as a starting or ending tag within the XML file which is generated automatically for the installation procedure of the cubes.
General network connectivity
- The database servers must be able to access the shared folders of each SAP Business One client which is involved in the coresuite cube installation.
- All SAP Business One clients must be in the same domain as the servers. Workgroups are not supported.
- All involved systems (clients and servers) must be able to interact. Ensure that the clients’ local disk drives can be accessed by the database servers.
- Ensure that all SQL Server and Analysis Server instances can be accessed via SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ensure that ODBC connections between the clients and servers can be established.
- Ensure that user which installs coresuite cube is able to connect to the Analysis Server instance via Microsoft Excel.
General security configuration
- The setup wizard of coresuite cube must be executed by a local administrator of the SAP Business One client system.
- All SQL Server databases must be installed with an SQL Server user with system administrator privileges.
- Analysis Services are based on a Windows based user authentication system. Therefore the user which is installing coresuite cube must be an administrator of the target Analysis Server (to be configured in Analysis Services via SQL Server Management Studio).
- When installing the Analysis Services, ensure that you select the "Multidimensional mode".
- You can check the installation mode as follows:
- In MS SQL Server Management Studio, connect to "Analysis Services"
- Rightclick on "Microsoft Analysis Server" -> Properties
- Now you can see the installed Server Mode
- The installing user must belong to the group of the specified Content Manager Server Report Services.
- User access to the report server must be configured according to the coresuite cube reference guide (chapter 1.6.3).
- Detailed information can be retrieved here: http://helpfiles.coresystems.ch/help/cube/cube_EN.pdf
- We cannot guarantee that the cube is working if there is an SAP error (e.g. wrong data in an SAP table, SQL updates on SAP tables, etc.).
- We assume that all data and content of SAP Business One databases are valid and the databases are consistent.
Windows display settings
- Ensure that the size of text and other items on your screen is set to 100%. The cube installation wizard might not be displayed correctly if you choose a different setting.
- Refer to "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display" on your local computer to adjust the setting.
Reporting Services menu does not work properly
We recommend to use Microsoft Internet Explorer if you are browsing your Reporting Services Reports via web browser. Unfortunately, Microsoft has introduced a new way of interpreting web sites as with Internet Explorer 10/11 which might cause problems in combination with Reporting Services.
There are ways to fix this (follow the instructions on the web sites referenced below):
- Local fix (per user): Force your Internet Eplorer to use the compatibility view for your Report Server. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11
- Global fix: Create a group policy wich forces IE to use its integrated compatibility view. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn321457.aspx
Excel reports fail to open
We've faced situations in which the Excel reports failed to open and reported the following error message "Excel failed to start correctly last time. Starting Excel in safe mode...".
This issue is not related to the cube. Your Microsoft Office installation might be corrupted if this message appears.
Possible approaches to solve this issue:
- Run the repair wizard for your Microsoft Office installation.
- Uninstall old versions of Microsoft Office if you have several parallel installations on you system.