Enterprise search window freeze sometimes. If you click in the window you can search. It could be as well that there is a high CPU usage.
- Check the system performance.
- Check if the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is properly installed
- Check the graphic card driver version (update if necessary)
- In case of direct X 9 graphic adapter - deactivate HW acceleration:
The disable hardware acceleration option enables you to turn off (set its DOWRD value to 1) hardware acceleration for debugging and test purposes.
In case there is no key with the name "DisableHWAcceleration", please create it.
Configure Windows for the best performance settings
(Windows Computer > Right Click: Properties > Advanced System Settings -> Tab Advanced:Performance:Settings > Adjust for best performance)
Fix the font cache
1. Run services.msc
2. Stop Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 184.108.40.206 service
3. Delete FontCache220.127.116.11.dat
in XP: %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data
in Vista/Windows7: %windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local
4. Delete the file C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
5. Restart the machine