|Attention:||Custom widgets are implemented at your own risk and may result in application latencies and other issues. Widget support is currently in development and is subject to change. At this time, backward compatibility is NOT supported, which may result in compatibility issues between the application and the custom widget with subsequent releases.|
Widgets enable you to implement a self-contained function into the Planning Board of the Workforce Management app.
- Widgets can only be implemented in the Planning Board view of the Workforce Management app.
- Translations are not currently possible for custom widget labels.
- The title of the widget cannot be translated.
- No styling can be reused from the application. A stylesheet must be provided within the custom widget.
- Events that occur within the Workforce Management app cannot be registered.
- There is no user interface available for managing widgets. It is recommended to use Postman or another API management tool to manage widgets for the Workforce Management app.
The following is a JSON and tabular description of a widget:
|id||Unique widget identifier.|
|title||Widget title. This title will be displayed on widget header. The widget title cannot be translated.|
|template||Widget template to be rendered|
|pages||Where the widget is displayed (example:
|companies||The company account for which the widget is implemented. Value should be equal to
|controllerAs||Controller alias (access to functions and variables).|
|dataAs||Property name of binded data to controller (dafault value: data)|
Data Passed to Widget
The following data is passed from the application to the widget:
Compliance with ES5
ECMAScript (or ES) is a trademarked scripting-language specification standardized by ECMA. Widgets must be compliant with the ECMAScript 5.
Write Widget in IIFE
The following is an example of a widget utilizing an IIFE expression:
|Note:||There is currently no user interface to manage widgets. It is recommended to use an API management solution like Postman to upload and manage custom widgets for the Planning Board of the Workforce Management app. You must be familiar with the Data Model and the Query API in order to complete the widget implementation.|
- Ensure user has permissions to
- Create new entry in Plugin DTO (
widget) and keep track of the PLugin
idnumber which will be used in the
- Convert JS code to Base 64.
Attachmentobject referencing the newly-created Plugin DTO to Attachment DTO:
- In the
fileContentyou will copy/paste the Base 64-converted code generated in the previous step.
- In the
obhectIdfield you will enter the
- In the
- Change default screen configuration for CSPlanningBoard to include
Plugincreated in step 2:
Plugin DTO Example
The following is an example of a widget for a Todo List: