In a Nutshell
From time to time, it is possible that there will be stock translations that are unsuitable for your business needs. When such instances occur, you can enable the
showing translation keys feature, record the key name, and then update the translation with your own custom translation using the Translations feature located in the Admin application.
Account vs. Company
In Coresystems Field Service Management applications, an account can have multiple companies. Please note that custom translations are company-specific. This means that these custom translations will only be applied to the company on which they have been set.
Custom Translation Workflow
showing translation keysfeature
showing translation keysfeature from the app settings to view the key name of the translation you wish to replace.
Activate Feature and View Keys
Please note that this example was created using the Android client.
When you find a translation that you wish to overwrite with your own custom translation, complete the following:
- Navigate to the settings menu and enable the
showing translation keysfeature:
- Record the name of the key you wish to overwrite with a custom translation:
- When completed, you can then disable the feature again from the settings menu.
Create Custom Translation
|ATTENTION:||To complete this step you must have ADMIN privileges.|
Using the Translations feature in the Admin application, you can then update existing values with custom values by referencing the
Key displayed using the
Enable showing translation keys feature.
- Login into the Admin application, select the company for which you wish to create a custom translation, and select the Translations tab.
- Select the mobile client from the
Clientsdropdown. Please note that key names are different in each mobile application.
- Select the language for which you are creating a custom translation.
- Enter the
Keyfound using the
Show Keysfeature for which you wish to create a custom translation.
- Enter the new value for the key.
- When complete, click
- The custom translation will now be visible in the Translations view.
Synchronize Changes to Mobile App
After custom translations have been created and saved in the Admin application, the changes can then be synchronized to the mobile application by selecting the synchronize button
The custom translation will then be visible in the mobile application.