You want to hide certain fields displayed on a screen on a mobile app or make certain fields read-only or mandatory so as to suit your needs.
We are continually expanding the possibility to customize screens in the Coresystems Field Service Management (FSM) Solution so that you can customize the following field properties:
- Hiding or displaying fields
- Making fields read-only or editable
- Making fields mandatory (required) or optional
- Define the default value for fields when creating new records
- Validate field values when editing a record
- Renaming labels incl. custom translation
- Change the screen layout by changing the position of the fields
What has changed?
- From version 5.80 we use also in iOS the default value "CHARGEABLE" instead of "true" to align with the configuration GUI and other clients.
IMPORTANT: The following is not supported anymore in the JSON configuration on iOS 5.80 and later but was supported before
"name": "effort.chargeable", "description": "Chargeable", "defaultValue": "true",
Instead the following needs to be set
"name": "effort.chargeable", "description": "Chargeable", "defaultValue": "CHARGEABLE",
We suggest to use the configuration UI to adjust the setting. See attached video AdjustChargeableDefaultValue.mp4 to see how to change this setting to have the correct value.
- 5.60 official general release of the screen configuration GUI to configure all supported screen. Manual changes in the JSON are not supported anymore.
- 5.40 & 5.50 support more screen
- Version 5.30 add support for expressions in the Android app
- IMPORTANT: From Version 5.26 the correct Screen Code has to be entered to use the screen configuration in addition to defining the correct Object Type. See above table with corresponding codes.
- From Version 5.25 the TranslationKey is used with a different fallback logic. If no translation is defined as custom translation
BEFORE(Version 5.25): If no translation is defined as custom translation the TranslationKey entered in the screen configuration is displayed as Label
AFTER (Version 5.25): If no translation is defined as custom translation the default translation of the app is displayed as Label